May 1, 2016 – Competition Winner Award Concert
3:00pm Saunders High School
Congratulations to the 2015-16 winners!
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto #3
1st Place – David J. Sacks – Greenwich, CT (Age 15)
- Tchaikovsky Rococo Variations (Cello)
2nd Place – Max Bobby – Larchmont, NY (Age 15)
- Debussy Premiere Rhapsodie (Clarinet)
3rd Place – Neerav Kumar – Rye, NY (Age 15)
- Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto
4th Place – Annling Wang – Scarsdale, NY (Age 16)
- Horovitz Euphonium Concerto
5th Place – Elena Hausknecht – White Plains, NY (Age 16)
- Verdi – La Forza Del Destino
Concert Raffle Fundraiser
Support our concerts and young musicians along with the chance to win great prizes from local merchants. Raffles will be sold before the concert, during intermission and after the concert.
3 raffles $5.00 • 7 raffles $10.00 • 15 raffles $20.00
Winners will be notified by phone and email. Certificates will be mailed out or picked up at Saunders High School at a future time (likely the following Tuesday).
• $50 gift certificate to Old Stone Mill Restaurant
• $50 gift certificate to DaCosta’s Restaurant
• $50 gift certificate to Zuppa Restaurant
• $50 gift certificate to City Limits Diner
• $50 gift certificate to Ardsley Diner
• $50 gift certificate to Greenwich Medical Skincare and Laser Spa
• $50 gift certificate to Paul’s on Times Square
• $40 gift certificate to Scarsdale Metro Diner
• $30 gift certificate to Reno’s Restaurant
• $30 gift certificate to Chocolate Works in Scarsdale
• $25 gift certificate to Slice PIzza
• Gift certificate for 2 dinners at Nonno’s Trattorria
• Hudson River Museum family membership
• 2 College Consultant private sessions ($300.00 value)
• Adam and Eve hair salon gift certificate for manicure, pedicure, haircut
• Hair Hut studio gift certificate for haircut
• 3 super car washes at Ultra Shine Car Wash
• Lenox China candlesticks
• Gift certificate to Hair Dimensions
• Gift certificate to The Chintz Giraffe
• Basket of Cheer (wine)
• Hand made patch quilt
• Metropolitan Room NYC (Jazz Cabaret) – 2 admittance
• Heartland Brewery NYC– $50.00 GC
• Phantom of the Opera – 2 orchestra seats Wed. May 25 8:00 pm
• Tuck Everlasting – 2 orchestra seats Wed. May 18 7:00 pm
• Kinky Boots – 2 orchestra seats Thurs. May 26 7:00 pm
• Medieval Times- 2 admissions
• NY Watertaxi – 2 all day passes
• The Ride (NYC Sightseeing) – 3 free admissions
• The Tour (NYC Sightseeing) – 2 free admissions
• Star Wars Exhibition at Discovery Times Square – 2 free admissions
• Saturday Night Live / King Tut Exhibition NYC – 2 admissions
• Body Worlds at Discovery Times Square – 3 admissions
• Vikings Exhibition at Discovery Times Square – 2 admissions
For further questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for attending the fantastic Beethoven festival dedicated to maestro James Sadewhite.
Some pictures of the concert provided by Richard Getler
Conductor Tong Chen
Pianist HaoDong Wu
The Yonkers Philharmonic Presents Free Concerts at Saunders Trade and Technical High School 183 Palmer Road, Yonkers, N.Y.
With great excitement we announce the appointment of a new permanent conductor and music director of the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra–Ms. Tong Chen! (www.tongchenconductor.com). The directors made their choice following many months of hard work by the YPO Conductor Search Committee and input from the orchestra members. We look forward to many exciting concert seasons under the baton of Ms. Chen.
Concerts made possible in part by ArtsWestchester with funds from the Westchester County Government, Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino, The Thomas and Agnes Carvel Foundation, the East Yonkers Rotary Club, The Hudson Valley Foundation, the Westchester Community Foundation, Westchester Guardian, WVOX, and loyal patrons of the arts. This project was also made possible by the Yonkers Cultural Initiative grant program of the Westchester Arts Council, which is made possible by Westchester County Board of Legislators.
The orchestra continues to remember with great fondness and admiration of our past Maestro James Sadewhite. The orchestra fondly remembers previous conductors Pasquale Pistone and Jerome Sala.
Donations in memory of Maestro Sadewhite, Maestro Sala, or Maestro Pistone to the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra can be made by sending a check to:
Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra or FAOS
P. O. Box 705
Please become a supporter of the orchestra and make your donation today.
Or better yet – consider being a sustaining benefactor and committing to donate over the next three years. Doing this makes financial planning much easier for us as we have a better understanding of what contributions will be coming in each year.
All donations are greatly appreciated – thank you for your continued support!
50th Anniversary Concert – March 10th, 2013 @ SUNY Purchase
May 1 Raffle Fundraiser
Please follow & like us :)
The Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra has been one of the jewels of the City of Yonkers and Westchester
County since 1962. The orchestra provides free classical music concerts to the community and operates through grants and generous contributions of its friends. We are a 501c3 not for profit organization and all contributions are tax deductible.
Please become a supporter of the orchestra and make your donation today. You may also consider including the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra in your estate planning and help insure the future of the orchestra to keep the music playing.
FAOS Contribution Form
for information or questions.
This season is made possible in part by ArtsWestchester with funds from the Westchester County Government
ArtsWestchester Community Service Award
Established in 1965 as the Council for the Arts in Westchester, we are New York State’s largest private, not-for-profit service organization, working to ensure the availability and accessibility of the arts for all of the county’s residents. In 1975, we were named by Westchester County government as the County’s designated arts council and we became one of several united arts funds in the country, providing grants and technical support to cultural organizations and artist residencies in the community.
ArtsWestchester gave the Yonkers Philharmonic Orchestra an award for Community Service in 2012.
PROBONO PartnershipWe thank the PROBONO Partnership for matching FAOS/YPO with volunteer lawyers who helped us revise our ByLaws and resolve other legal issues. The Partnership also provide workshops which address many of the important legal issues faced by nonprofits.
Thomas & Agnes Carvel FoundationWe want to thank the Thomas & Agnes Carvel Foundation, Mayor Mike Spano, the City of Yonkers and the Yonkers Dep’t of Parks, Recreation and Conservation for their support.
The ARts *STAR* Initiative
Westchester Community Foundation
THE WESTCHESTER COMMUNITY FOUNDATION’S (WCF) http://www.wcf-ny.org mission is to connect generous people to the causes they care about and invest in transformative ideas and organizations to improve lives and strengthen our community. WCF is a division of the New York City Community Trust, one of the largest community foundations in the country with assets of approximately $2.6 billion.